Friday 8 February 2008

Celebratory drinks in Clapham




Last night I hosted a thank you party for all those who helped me in my campaign to become re-elected to London South Area Chair.

It was supposed to be a campaign launch but as I was told that no one else was standing against me and that I'd won outright we decided to make it a celebratory drink instead!






Over the next few weeks I'll be selecting active members from around the area to ask if they want to help over the next year. I already have a few talented members who are very keen to support me over the coming year. They will form the foundations of a London South committee who will have responsibility for campaigning, membership retention and organising fundraisers as well as political speaker events.


This year is going to be a great one for London South and in order for ambitious plans to be implemented we are all going to have to work together.


It was great last night to see lots of new members as well as the 'old crowd' who have been involved, like me, for nearly a decade! However in CF we need people who will get the job done not people who sit there, criticise and complain about those who hold positions.


I personally welcome 'constructive' criticism to my face but not just downright rudeness behind my back. Still I suppose people will always criticise and complain when they're on the outside and not in the inside. My advice is that if you want to change the system, get stuck in, join it and change it from the inside!






No comments: